Seriously, what a day. It’s gorgeous. Even though we lost an hour last night and morning came brutally fast, I can’t feel one bit sad about being tired today. Brennan’s been out of town and on his way back home. Josh is down for a nap, and the 4 other kids are playing “pollies” outside. The house is clean and feels even cleaner and cheerier with natural light pouring in through every window. It wasn’t a particularly cold and snowy Winter, but even at it’s best it’s always long and cold and full of sickness and restlessness. Spring is made sweeter by how deserved it feels. It’s like when you’ve worked out hard and consistently and eaten great and then enjoy a small piece of dessert. You don’t feel one bit of guilt – you earned it and are free to relish every single bite.
Here they are playing pollies. The boys’ favorite name for their guys is “Ricky”. Love it!
The only downside is how many times a day Josh can risk his life in the great outdoors. when we were out the other day I was chatting with my neighbor while Josh and her two little girls played. They were riding the plasma cars along the sidewalk. Josh gets going fast, but always turns into the neighbors’ driveway until he didn’t and I chased him down the hill screaming for him to drive onto the grass or put his feet down and attempt to slow himself down. He just kept gaining speed, racing down the hill (fortunately on the sidewalk) further way from me. He was getting to the bottom which meant totally wiping out on the curb or flying into the street and getting hit by a car. Miraculously, he started trying to steer himself out of danger and wobbled for a little bit and stopped. I’m pretty sure that what he did in stopping defied at least 3 laws of physics. I really think this little guy has a full time crew of guardian angels. I’m so grateful!
Other than that, we’re very happy to welcome Spring into our lives. We love Spring!
1 comment:
Loved this, Andrea!
"Spring is made sweeter by how deserved it feels." So true. I do love all the seasons, but there is NOTHING like Springtime.
What a harrowing experience with Joshy. Very interesting that he narrowly averted a potentially awful accident by suddenly figuring out how to save himself. One smart little guy!
Post a Comment