I’m trying to skip my usual rant about how time seems to be determined to cheat me out of my little ones, but sorry I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t do another birthday post about another one of my kids without commenting on the fact that it’s time to turn off warp speed!
Tell me Ben wasn't this adorable bald, blue-eyed blob like 3 seconds ago?
7 months old
1 years old
2 years old
4 years old
and 5!
I can’t even begin to say how grateful we are Benny was born. He’s such a sweet, independent, affectionate, headstrong, miniature grown-up, heart-meltingly adorable boy! From the day he was born, he was in hurry to catch up to his big siblings. He and Abby have been my most mellow, contended children. He’ll play by himself for hours on end, but is always thrilled when his brothers or sisters are ready to play. He loves to be where the action is, but is often happy to just observe. He likes things on his terms, but doesn’t ask for much. When I asked him what he’d like for his birthday he requested his very own lamp. When I pushed him for more than that, “What’s something really fun that you want?” “Oh, yeah – my very own garbage can too.” He’s such a sunshine boy and our lives are definitely brighter because of him. Happy birthday, Benny boy!!!We love Benjamin!
5 comments:
Oh sad! those pictures were so cute, and way too long ago. Was he really a baby? Benny is such a darling, happy, sweet boy, I'm so grateful he was born 5 years ago!
Ok, the picture in the pool, his eyes are bluer than the water. He is such a darling boy. Love that he wants a lamp and a garbage can.
Such a great kid. Literally the most bouncy, rolie-polie kid I have ever known. I hope that stays with him.
I'm with you-- where did that little boy in the pictures go?!! Loved seeing them. That last one really captures our Ben. And I think "Sunshine Boy" is perfect descriptive of him. Just look at that shining countenance!
Cute name. I have a Benjamin Wells.
Post a Comment