I'm really grateful I don't use waterproof mascara. We got him cleaned up, loaded him and Joshua into the car, picked up the big kids from school, and headed to the Capital. With my trusty (and ENORMOUS) stroller and a couple of fabulous staff members we got parked and guided through lots of tunnels and hallways to the Senate floor where they my Dad's nomination was approved. It was really neat to be there and hear all the nice things so many people had to say. I actually managed to hear most of it while bouncing the baby, or handing him off to my aunt to go help Eliza contain the perfect storm of Ben, Abe and Belle at nap time. They were less than impressed with the event, but very interested in storming the President of the Senate's office with a candy bowl in it.
Me and the 4 big kids on the Senate floor
After the confirmation we moved up to the Gold room for the actual swearing in. It was packed and mostly with cameras. My girls represented our family while I stood near the door. A dear sweet friend took Ben and Abe and Nate and another aunt took Joshy for me so I could hear. It takes a village. Seriously, between my sister and me and our total of 7 kids we had about 8 angels of mercy plus some staffers helping us at various times throughout the day.
My Mom and Dad
My sister, Eliza, Joshua, Me, Mom, Dad and my brother, Ryan
Abby, Belle, Anna, Benny, Nate and Abe
It was exhausting, but such a privilege to be there. This whole experience has given me even more respect for our system of government, our country, our state, and helpful people. We're truly blessed. For a much more entertaining version of this day check my sister's post out here.
A pretty neat moment
Dad's Swearing In from Andrea W. on Vimeo.
8 comments:
Great recap , Ange. Sounded like fun!
Funny post Ange! I didn't know about the mascara on Benny's face. What a treat!
After reading your account, and Eliza's of this day, all I can say is "Whew. How did you do it?!", as well as "thank you!" to the assisting angels.
The kids are so darned cute, and add so much to any occasion; but I must admit that I'm glad I wasn't the one trying to supervise and keep them quiet!
So fun to have you all there!
Sounds like a crazy but neat day for you guys.
I'm really glad Oliver wasn't there to contribute any more to the chaos. sounds like such a neat thing. We were sad to miss it.
lol to benny's picture with your makeup, too bad you took it off, with it we could have added even more flare to our three ring circus. ; ) i love that picture of you and your family on the bench, so cute, and I am always so amazed at how you have two brands of kids, a bell one and the wright one,but all beautiful
!
Cute cute pictures!!
Your family looks beautiful.
I love Ben and the makeup. Of course that would only happen on a big day like that one.
Truly a special day. Your dad is amazing. It sounds like you had a great attitude about the mascara!! You are the woman for corralling all those kids to that event, and any event for that matter. :)
Wow, that sounds like a really neat experience!
Post a Comment